As you prepare for your first visit, you will want to review the information below, so that you can get the most out of your prosthetic or orthotic services.
- When you arrive for your first appointment, please allow enough time to complete the new patient information form, if you have not already done so. Also bring your insurance card and a prescription from your physician.
- Your first appointment as a new patient could last up to one hour. During this visit, the practitioner will talk with you to learn your needs, expectations and lifestyle goals as well as complete an evaluation of needs.
- You will undoubtedly have many questions. Some patients find it helpful to write out their questions ahead of time to avoid forgetting important items they would like to discuss.
- Some procedures require measurements and casting, so you may want to wear shorts or other loose, comfortable clothing. Please remember to wear undergarments.
- Cotton Orthotic and Prosthetic Associates is contracted with most insurance plans, including most HMO’s and PPO’s. We also accept Medicare, Kansas Medicaid and Missouri Medicaid. Please check with us to determine if we take your specific health plan.
- Also, please be prepared to pay all co-payments, percentages, deductibles, and other expenses not covered by your insurance at the time of your visit. For your convenience, we accept Discover, MasterCard and VISA.