What to Expect When Working with a Certified Custom Foot Orthotics Practitioner in Kansas City
Foot Orthotics are a solution developed for people who are experiencing pain or complications with their feet. They are a specialized medical device that is worn inside the shoe to help correct the wearer’s gait, evenly distribute pressure, and reduce pain. Some of the most common conditions that require custom foot orthotics include:
- Chronic pain or swelling
- Flat feet
- Feet with a high arch
- Plantar fasciitis
- Diabetic foot complications
Other conditions that can cause foot pain include arthritis, bursitis, and bunions. Here in Kansas City, foot orthotics that are customized to the wearer and affordable can be difficult to locate. This results in many people trying out store bought inserts in an attempt to mitigate their pain and balance issues.
For clarity, custom foot orthotics are not the same as off-the-shelf inserts found at Walgreens and other drug stores. Those with chronic symptoms are encouraged to invest in a solution that’s been developed with their specific anatomy in mind as opposed to a generic solution.
As a leading provider of custom foot orthotics provider in Kansas City, Cotton Orthotic and Prosthetic Associates has worked with a wide array of patients who are suffering from pain and/or balance issues.
Who Is an Ideal Candidate for Custom Foot Orthotics?
According to Health in Aging, approximately 87 percent of people in the United States will experience foot pain at some point in their lives. However, foot pain doesn’t always necessitate the use of custom foot orthotics, especially if the pain is acute. The individuals that are ideal candidates for custom foot orthotics usually have a chronic condition or a condition they were born with.
For instance, some patients either have a deformity or abnormality in their feet that makes walking difficult or painful. It’s also possible to develop foot and/or ankle issues as the result of athletics or an athletic injury. The best way to know for sure if you’re a candidate for custom foot orthotics is by scheduling an in-person consultation.
What Are the Benefits of Custom Foot Orthotics?
There are several advantages to consulting with a custom foot orthotics provider in Kansas City. The following are some of the top benefits of getting custom foot orthotics:
- Custom foot orthotics provide the required additional support in the feet/ankle region as well as all throughout the legs, hips, and lower back.
- Foot orthotics have been proven to help reduce pain that is commonly associated with swollen feet, injury, deformity, and athletics.
- Custom foot orthotics are specifically designed to help those who are flat-footed or have large arches in need of additional support.
- Foot orthotics help individuals who have issues with their walking gait and/or posture.
- Patients with diabetes-related foot complications greatly benefit from custom foot orthotics to protect feet from skin issues such as foot ulcers and calluses, as well as providing support in the right places.
- Custom foot orthotics have proven to be beneficial for those that exhibit supination (outward rolling) or pronation (inward rolling) while walking, which leads to shoes wearing unevenly.
- Those that have balance issues or who frequently fall over can get custom foot orthotics made to increase their stability.
- Custom foot orthotics are proven to help patients who are suffering from plantar fasciitis, which causes chronic sharp heel pain, or inflammation of the connective tissue which runs across the bottom of the foot.
How to Get Custom Foot Orthotics in Kansas City
If you are suffering with any of the aforementioned conditions or symptoms, the good news is that you don’t have to suffer in silence. The team at Cotton Orthotics and Prosthetic Associates has helped countless individuals overcome pain, balance, and support issues relating to their foot and ankle area. We pride ourselves on having the top custom foot orthotics providers in Kansas City.
The best way to get started is by contacting us to schedule a consultation here at our office. Once our orthotists have had a chance to give you a full examination, they can provide recommendations for custom foot orthotics that suit your specific condition and activity level. For those that have tried shoe inserts with little success, the comfort and stability that custom foot orthotics provide are life changing. The other big benefit of working with us is that we accept most insurance carriers, which reduces your overall out-of-pocket costs.
You can reach Cotton Orthotic and Prosthetic Associates by calling (913) 338-2672 or by emailing us directly using the contact form on our website. As the leader in prosthetic options near you, we’ll be able to find you a solution that allows you to regain your quality of life and your mobility.